VE Day Celebrations in Sampford Courtenay
VE DAY 75TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS
SCPC, the Village Hall and St Andrew's Church are planning a whole host of fun events for all ages for the VE Celebrations in May 2020.
So far it is only in the planning stage - so some things might change, but have a look at some of the things we have planned:-
- Fri 8th May - "Ration Supper" and "ENSA" style Variety Show at the Village Hall. - We need volunteers to entertain!
- Sat 9th May - Street Market - We need you to sort out your garages and attics!
- Street Party Lunch - sit and enjoy a simple lunch while being entertained by "The Hummingbird" Trio
- Games and Races - Fun and games on the Village Green
- Auction - Robert Pyle will select about 20 of the better items at the street market to auction in his inimitable style.
- Dancing in the Street - in 1940's style
- NAFFI van - just in case you are still hungry.
- VE DAY - Sound and light show
- Sun 10th May - Walking Treasure Hunt
- Wartime Photo and Memorabilia Display
- 3pm - Dedication Service and laying of poppies
- Cream Tea
We need your help!
- Can you sing, say or play? We need volunteers to "entertain" at the Ration Supper.
- Bunting - we will need lots of bunting to make the village look bright and colourful for the weekend.
- Catering - Nicky Courage will be looking for volunteers to help with all the various catering over the weekend.
- Costumes - start sorting out what you are going to wear over the weekend Army Captain? or Land Army Girl? Marion is trying to source some costumes for people to hire.
- Photos and Memorabilia - have you or your family any momentoes of Sampford Courtenay at VE Day or subsequent anniversaries? If so, can we borrow them, or copy photos to share with the parish.
- Man the stalls - we will also need volunteers to run the various stalls at the market and games on the green. If enough people volunteer we can draw up a rota so we can all enjoy the weekend!